This activity takes place twice every day and was specially developed for hotel guests on the holiday Island of Koh Samui in Thailand. Unfortunately, there is no availability for Cruise Ship Passengers! Click! As usual, free places are available as long as you can select your desired date!
Pick-up at your Hotel
Food for elephants
Return to your Hotel
What to expect
Depending on the choice of program, morning 09:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or afternoon 02:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., we will pick you up in an air-conditioned minibus or in a vehicle from the category "SUV" (depending on your location) at your accommodation and then guide you to the elephant home animal shelter in the south of Koh Samui. Step by step, all other participants are collected for this activity until the entire travel group is completely together.
Welcome and Introduction
When you arrive at the elephant shelter, there you will be warmly welcomed, and you will be receive an introduction about the concept and objective from samui elephant Home. The elephants here can have a pleasant everyday life. As you will experience for yourself, the muhats and employees of the elephant shelter treat the magnificent pachyderms very lovingly and sensitively.
Preparation of the meal
Participate in preparing a meal and learn how to make supplementary food for elephants. Afterward, you will feed organic food from our camp such as grass and bananas and interact to take picture with elephants. It will be an emotional, unique moment.
Watch the elephants
As soon as the pachyderms have enjoyed their meal, you can also take the time to watch the elephants while they are strolling through the extensive grounds. The elephants need a rest break, which the trained staff pays very careful attention to. If you have any questions, the employees are always at your disposal.
Enjoy with elephants
After the elephants have rested, they often have fun playing and taking a pleasant dip. Now you have the unique opportunity to experience the participation to play and shower with elephants in the giant bath to take care of the elephants. Now it's worth having the camera ready because you won't get that close to an elephant that's used to humans.
Depending on the program you choose, we will pick you up in an air-conditioned minibus or in a vehicle from the category "SUV" at the elephant shelter and then take you back to your accommodation. Step by step, all other participants of the activity will be dropped off until the entire tour group has completely reached their accommodations.
Your pick-up time
You will receive a booking confirmation as well as another email, including your final pick-up time, until 18:00 the day before your selected tour date! Please check the given information and show the email to the driver waiting for you at the general car park of your accommodation! If you have booked for tomorrow after 17:30, then you will receive your pick up time until 21:00!
- For insurance reasons, you must fill out a short questionnaire that contains your personal data, including your passport number.
- We recommend bringing a reliable mosquito spray, sunscreen, swim clothes, comfortable shoes, towel and a camera.
- If the road to your accommodation is too steep or inaccessible, we will have to pick you up at a nearby alternative pick-up location, which you need to reach on your own. If this is the case, you will receive a Google Maps link shortly after your booking.
- Depending on the weather and traffic conditions, the program can be adjusted.
Even more? Explore the frequently asked questions!
You can cancel your order free of charge up to 24 hours before your selected tour date (ToS: § 3).
- For a free cancellation, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your tour date.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before your tour date, you must pay the full purchase amount.
- If you do not reach the meeting point in time, the local operator is entitled to full payment.
- Any changes made by yourself on your tour date can not be accepted free of charge.
- Cancellations due bad weather based only on responsibility by local authorities.
- Cancellations due illness require a medical certificate from a local doctor.
- Cut-off times by latest 23:59 two days before your tour date (GMT+7).
For cancellations click here!
Please do not hesitate to contact us
with any questions! Via live chat, email, or by phone!