This tour takes place every Wed & Sun and was specially developed for hotel guests on the holiday Island of Koh Samui in Thailand. Unfortunately, there is no availability for Cruise Ship Passengers! Click! As usual, free places are available as long as you can select your desired date!
Pick-up at your Hotel
Return to your Hotel
What to expect
We will pick you up in an airconditioned vehicle between 8:30 a.m. and 9:45 a.m. at your specified accommodation, and then guide you to the first stop of the trip, in the east of Koh Samui. Step by step, all other participants are collected for this day trip until the entire travel group is completely together.
The 12 meters high Big Buddha was opened in 1972 and is the landmark of Koh Samui. It is located in the northeast of Samui on a small island (Koh Fan) which is connected to Samui by a bridge. From there you have a sensational view of the coast and the Bangrak pier.
Wat Plai Laem
The Wat Plai Laem is the largest Buddhist temple complex in Samui and shows Guanyin, the goddess of mercy and compassion. Here you will get an insight into Chinese-Thai beliefs as artistic Buddhist themes and architecture. The temple and the art techniques used to create it are centuries old and based on old beliefs.
Wat Bo Phuttharam
The Statue of the praying monk Luang Phor Thuad is sitting on a 2 tiered structure above a man-made lake. Luang Por Thude who was the legendary monk in southern Siam around 250 years ago. He made a miracle by soaking his foot in the seawater and changing it into fresh drinking water, to rescue survivors people who stopped because of a shipwreck on the way to Bangkok.
This secret temple is really a highlight and here you’re guaranteed solace, peace, and quiet as you explore the temple and its surrounding areas. The temple grounds are serene and tranquil, perfect for meditation and contemplation and sure enough, you will see the traditional monks living here.
The temple has a special atmosphere and spreads pleasant vibes. The terracotta-colored and the dark burgundy walls are impressive, while the murals and carvings on the temple walls are exquisite. The walls and the ceiling come to life just before your eyes, something important and magical is going on each square centimeter.
The next stop is on a nice beachfront restaurant in the south of the Coconut Island. With a wonderful view over the gulf from Thailand, you will be served a delicious, traditional Thai lunch. The following dishes will be served: Fried Chicken, Vegetable oyster sauce, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Fried Rice, and seasonal fruits.
The Guan Yu Shrine, on the main road in the south of Koh Samui between Lamai and Hua Thanon, is a 16-meter bronze war statue that was built by a Chinese islander to celebrate Chinese heritage in 2016. It is a really impressive temple complex, with small souvenir stands and restaurants in the entrance area.
The Laem Sor Pagoda is a beautiful facility in Srivijaya art and was built by Luang Phor Dang Tisso, a Buddhist monk. Laem Sor Pagod died in 1976 on a ship off Koh Samui and his memory shows a wax picture near the pagoda in a pavilion. the architectural style of this pagoda situated directly on the sea is unique in its form.
Baby Buddha Jaidee
This temple area is definitely the one with the best view of Koh Samui! The Khao Chedi (Baby Buddha Jaidee) is located at the end of Bang Kao beach in the south of Koh Samui Island. Located on a hill it offers a beautiful view all over Bang Kao Bay and the stunning neighboring islands of Koh Tan and Koh Mudsum.
Around 3:45 p.m. when all of today's participants are fully back in the vehicle we will guide you back to the accommodation you have deposited. Step by step, all other participants of the day trip will be dropped off until the entire tour group has completely reached their accommodations.
Your pick-up time
You will receive a booking confirmation as well as another email, including your final pick-up time, until 18:00 the day before your selected tour date! Please check the given information and show the email to the driver waiting for you at the general car park of your accommodation! If you have booked for tomorrow after 17:30, then you will receive your pick up time until 21:00!
- Wear lightweight clothing for comfort and ensure that your shoulders, and knees are covered during temple visit. Be respectful.
- If the road to your accommodation is too steep or inaccessible, we will have to pick you up at a nearby alternative pick-up location, which you need to reach on your own. If this is the case, you will receive a Google Maps Link shortly after your booking!
- Depending on the weather and traffic conditions, the program can be adjusted.
Even more? Explore the frequently asked questions!
You can cancel your order free of charge up to 24 hours before your selected tour date (ToS: § 3).
- For a free cancellation, you must cancel at least 24 hours before your tour date.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before your tour date, you must pay the full purchase amount.
- If you do not reach the meeting point in time, the local operator is entitled to full payment.
- Any changes made by yourself on your tour date can not be accepted free of charge.
- Cancellations due bad weather based only on responsibility by local authorities.
- Cancellations due illness require a medical certificate from a local doctor.
- Cut-off times by latest 23:59 two days before your tour date (GMT+7).
For cancellations click here!
- This excursion requires a minimum number of participants. If this number is not reached by the morning of the day before the excursion, unfortunately, your booking will be cancelled.
Please do not hesitate to contact us
with any questions! Via live chat, email, or by phone!